Couch cleaning mistakes can permanently damage your couch. This damage is easy to create if you are unsure of how to clean your couch.
Not cleaning marks or stains from your couch because of being concerned about damaging the fabric is not needed when you have little information on how to do it safely.
- Not using the manufacturer’s instructions. The first thing to do and the safest way to do in cleaning a couch is to follow the maintenance instructions given by the manufacturer. Seldom can you go wrong with this. Who else knows what is best in cleaning your couch or sofa other than those who made it? This is the best thing to do in avoiding damage. If the maintenance instructions are not included as a label on your couch, the retailer where you got the couch from is the place to go to get this information.
- Using the wrong cleaning chemicals. If at all possible, get recommendations from the couch’s manufacture as to what to use. If you cannot get this, make sure that very mild detergents are used. Do not use carpet spot cleaners on upholstery as upholstery fabrics are less hardy than carpet fibres.
- Scrubbing too harshly. When cleaning a mark, it can be tempting to give it a good rub or scrub it. This can damage the fibres in the area, making the couch look worse than before.
- Using the wrong tools. If you are using a cloth, use a white one. This will help avoid the transfer of dyes from the cloth to your couch. Colour transfer is just another stain you don’t want to have to handle. If you are using a brush, use a soft horse-hair brush to avoid damage to the fibres.
- Saturating Your Upholstery. Go easy on the amount of water in your cleaning. Too much water can take a long time casing damage and you could end up with a smelly couch.
- Using an incompetent upholstery cleaner. When going with an upholstery cleaning company, make sure that they know what they are doing and can show that they are good at cleaning couches. Using a professional couch cleaner may cost a little more but you are not risking having a damaged couch
Having a lot of experience in couch cleaning goes a long way to getting the best possible result in couch cleaning without the risk of damage.
If you have a couch in need of cleaning and not keen in having couch cleaning mistakes, do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 778 104 or 03 9380 7785. You can also use the forms on most pages of our site.
have a look at what others have thought of our services on Google or our own reviews page.